Tips for Feb;
- Finish off planting up bare root trees and roses before they wake up!
- Finish pruning apple and pear trees.
- Give your fruit trees a feed of high potash fertiliser to boost flower and fruit production.
- Sow sweet peas in a heated greenhouse or on a warm window sill in empty cardboard toilet roll inners. They can be planted straight into the ground when warmer as the roots will grow through the sides and they will bio-degrade.
- If you can see your soil you can start to warm it up with cloches or polythene.
- Keep an eye out for perennial weeds and pull them out before they start to invade beds.
- Sort out and categorise your seed packets for sewing throughout the year and order any extras.
- Tidy up old leaves and debris to allow for space and light for new spring shoots to come through.
- Don't forget to ask any Q's and I'll try and answer as soon as I can (my reply button seems to be working now).
I'd better leave some space for next month as it's going to be a busy one for all gardeners, can't wait!!